one step at a time towards dalit emancipation
- - To create awareness of ‘plight of Dalits’ worldwide on humanitarian basis. We feel the greatest human right violation that has been perpetuated on the Dalits for hundreds of years needs to remedied. How can the world close its eyes when 230 million (nearly 25% of total Indian population) suffer apartheid, racial discrimination, humiliation and subject to abject poverty and in human treatment? Why?
- - To seek help and assistance from within and without.
- - Campaign and lobby that affirmative action is taken with regards to improving the plight of Dalits in India through civic societies, human right organisations, political leadership in India and other world bodies that can be instrumental in affecting a change in the plight of hapless Dalits
- - To create awareness and educate Dalits themselves to stand up for their fundamental rights as citizens of India.
- - To coordinate and liaise with other Dalit organisations to create a more powerful lobby to improve the lot of Dalits
- - Carry out research with assistance from writers , journalists, academics , politicians and activists to evolve strategies to address the Dalit problems
What can you do?
- Being a non-profit enterprise, this website is funded by the contributions by individuals of civic society who are concerned about the plight of the Dalits in India. Therefore, your contributions are most welcome.
- You can donate in two ways: contribute by sending us your views, research, articles and/ or donate monetarily to the efforts of Dalit Cry, please mail us at: email@example.com.
If you like our site, do remember to 'Like us' with the face book button, to share it and to Click G+ to vote for our site.